Hey guys! I know it's been awhile since I've hollered, and I apologize for that! I've been running around more than normal for the past month or so! On this most recent road trip, I was in Baltimore, NYC, Myrtle Beach and Atlanta! What a trip.
Anyway, as always, during the Thanksgiving break, I got to sit around and watch A LOT of sports after eating entirely too much. It got me to thinking, what do you all think is the absolute best feeling an athlete can have? What moment, in what sport? I've been really fortunate in that I've scored game winning goals in overtime in big games, I've had the opportunity to score in a National Championship game and jog around the field while holding the trophy over my head, and I've had the opportunity to listen to the National Anthem while standing on the sidelines wearing a USA jersey about to play in the Gold Medal game. Those are some of the absolute BEST and proudest moments I've had as an athlete, and it got me thinking about HUGE moments in other sports and how amazing it must feel. Here are some of the moments I came up with, in no particular order...
1. Hitting a walk off home run in the first extra inning in the World Series
2. Throwing a perfect touchdown pass into double coverage to win the Super Bowl in overtime.
3. A boxer getting beat up all fight and knocked down every round, and landing a knock out blow in the final round for the in.
4. Scoring the final shot of PK's in the World Cup to give your team the W
5. Fadeaway jumper, game 7 in the Finals, game-winner. (Def my favorite out of these)
What do you think some of the best moments are an athlete could have???